My specialty is training, web design (HTML5 & CSS3), Adobe Captivate eLearning development and Instructional Design.
I love helping people with learn and grow and I also love the hands-on,
roll up your sleeves, design and development work of just about ANYTING
that goes on the web!
My interests, however, extend beyond the training, eLearning and the creating web stuff. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, boating, riding jet skis, skating, zip lining, and almost anything that involves adventure or cool technology.
• Web Design Services
• eLearning development
• Training video development with Camtasia
• Instructional Design, Script and Storyboard Preparation
• Training: classroom, virtual and on-site
• Graphic Design
• eLearning and blended learning
• Content and Curriculum Development
• Multimedia Design and Planning
• Mentoring and Consulting
• Seminars and Workshops
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategies and Implementation
• Publication, Newsletter and Brochure Creation with InDesign
• Consulting in corporate settings. Private Mentoring, Consulting and Tutoring
See cool a few cool Illustrator videos that Penny created:
June 2001 - to Present
Adobe Certified Instructor and Independent Website Designer, eLearning Specialist and Consultant
Adobe Instructor who teaches:
- Adobe Dreamweaver (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced), CSS3), Mobile Readiness - Responsive Web Design, HTML & HTML5, Adobe Photoshop (Beginner and Advanced), Adobe Illustrator (Beginner and Advanced), Adobe Captivate (Beginner and Advanced), Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign (Beginner and Advanced), Bootcamp Classes (Print, Web, Design Workflow & Product Integration), Camtasia, and ScreenFlow.
Penny is an eLearning Trainer, Consultant and Freelancer
Her most recent project work has been:
- 1 Year - (March 2013. - current) – Worked as an Instructional Designer and Adobe Captivate 8 developer to develop product, service and systems training courses for complex security and network software for multiple internal and external users. Developed three self-paced eLearning courses using Captivate 8, Worked with a team to develop virtual instructor led training, and eLearning video tutorials. Consulted with SMEs from all levels to design courses.
- Contract - (Oct. - Dec. 2013) – Worked as an Instructional Designer and Adobe Captivate 7 developer to create customized storyboards and Captivate learning modules for a local Mortgage Broker.
- Contract - (Sept. - Oct. 2013) – Worked with a design team using Adobe Captivate 7 to create a customized internal learning solution for Customer Service Representatives for an Atlanta based communications company.
- Government Contract - (April - Oct. 2013) – Worked as Instructional Designer and Captivate Developer for a 3-part eLearning video series utilizing Google Earth and a 12-part eLearning series to teach learners how to use a Repair Center warehouse management and shipping/receiving application.
- NASCO - (Oct. - Dec. 2012) – Worked on a contract basis with Instructional Designers and developers to create the new Customer Service Workstation modules with Adobe Captivate 6. We created customized eLearning training modules that have a combination of Exploratory learning slides, Guided Challenge (where the learner watches and tries) slides, and an assessment built into each module. The course has customized feedback and scripting that keeps track of pass/failure rates.
- Total Training - (Dec. 2011 - Aug. 2012) – Developed curriculum, story boards, scripts, project plans and created 51 Product Integration training videos for Adobe CS6 – (Bridge, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks).
- NASCO - (Nov. 2011 - Jan. 2012) – Six week project development for database records retrieval (NDR system).
- Elavon - (Aug. - Nov. 2011) – Worked with eLearning team (Captivate and Flash developers) to produce Captivate templates and assets to ensure Sales Team implementation success. Trained employees to use Captivate.
- SuiteTuts - (Feb. - Aug. 2011) – Produced 50 high definition Adobe Illustrator CS5 Camtasia videos.
- NASCO - (Sept. - Dec. 2010) – Captivate project work for new LMS roll-out. Developed story boards, scripts, artwork and Captivate demonstrations and simulations for the new LMS system.
- MJB Law Firm - (April - June 2010) – Created 25 customized Adobe Acrobat “How To” videos with Camtasia.
- Home Depot - (Nov. 2009 - Jan. 2010) – Worked with Captivate 3 as part of the development team that created eLearning modules for the Safety Division.